Waste is not Waste helps businesses and organisations in Singapore reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
Waste is not Waste facilitates the exchange of waste materials and unwanted items from companies and organisations that no longer need them to businesses, non-profit organisations, designers and schools that can utilise those waste. This reduces waste and keeps valuable resources out of the incineration plants and landfills while helping companies save time, money and reduce their environmental impacts. We believe that waste is not waste, but a potential resource for someone to use again.
Waste is not Waste is managed by Green Future Solutions, a sustainability consulting company that helps businesses and organisations address environmental challenges and identify green opportunities.
Online Waste Exchange
We provide a free online waste exchange in Singapore that is easy and convenient for businesses and organisations to use, and which helps them reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
We connect businesses and organisations that generate waste materials with those who want the materials, thus helping both parties save time and money while helping the environment.
The exchange is currently available only in Singapore, with future plans to expand to the rest of Asia. Learn more about how it works.
We help companies and organisations introduce an effective and sustainable recycling programme in their office. The scope of the recycling programme includes:
- Conduct a waste audit to establish baseline
- Source for recycling collectors and bins
- Educate staff on waste minimisation and recycling programme
- Monitor and review the programme
We provide waste management and recycling consultancy to help companies and organisations in the following areas:
- Conduct a site assessment of company’s waste, identify reduce, reuse and recycling opportunities, and find potential buyers and recyclers for the waste
- Advise and prepare waste project proposals for government funding or tenders
- Market and promote recycling services or recycled products
- Educate and train staff on waste minimisation and recycling issues
- Conduct research on waste statistics and issues
Redesign is the process of designing more sustainable products and packaging such that waste is reduced or eliminated completely, or becomes biological or technical resources to be used again. Redesign is also about upcycling waste materials, which involves reusing or converting waste materials into new materials or products with more value.
We help companies who wish to redesign their products, packaging and waste materials by connecting them with design firms, product and industrial designers, and research institutions who use sustainable principles such as dematerialisation, design for reuse, design for disassembly, biomimicry, cradle to cradle, and product service system.